Due to the COVID-19 outbreak the scheduled 2020 conference will be postponed to 2021
2021 Genetic Code Expansion Conference
August 11-13, 2021
Peking University, Beijing, China
Peng R. Chen (Chair), Peking University, China
Edward A. Lemke (Chair), Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany
Demin Zhou, Peking University, China
Kathrin Lang, Technische Universität München, Germany
Abhishek Chatterjee, Boston College, USA
This will be the third Genetic Code Expansion Conference aiming at bringing together diverse scientific disciplines that focus on developing and using GCE technology. Attendees from industry, academia and other research institutions will convene to discuss the latest techniques and approaches that are widely applicable but not limited to bioorganic chemistry within cellular and molecular processes, drug discovery efforts, material science and development of interdisciplinary research tools and probes.
- Foundational genetic code expansion technology
- Design of new cellular tools to probe biology
- Chemical approaches that facilitate advances in imaging cellular control
- Strategies for studying protein post-translational modification
- Advances in bioorthogonal chemistry and code expansion
Virginia Cornish, Columbia University, Department of Chemistry, USA
Lei Wang, University of California, College of Pharmacy, San Francisco, USA
Invited Speakers (alphabetically)
Nediljko Budisa (University of Manitoba, Canada)
Irene Coin (University of Leipzig, Germany)
Sharona Gordon (University of Washington, USA)
Itaru Hamachi (Kyoto University, Japan)
Tao Liu (PKU Medical School, China)
Wenshe Liu (Texas A&M University, USA)
Hua Lu (Peking University, China)
Ryan Mehl (Oregon State University, USA)
Ivana Nikic (University of Tübingen, Germany)
James Petersson (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
Feng Wang (Institute of Biophysics CAS, China)
Shaoqing Yao (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
When applying for the conference, be prepared to provide activities that justify favorable consideration of you as a participant and contributor to this meeting. This information is important, as it allows the Conference Chair to make an informed decision when reviewing and accepting applications.
– Application vs. Registration: Completing an application will not register you to attend, nor does it guarantee acceptance to attend. Registration can only be completed once you have been accepted by the Conference Chair/Committee. If accepted you will be notified via email with an unpublished link to register for the conference. Registration and payment arrangements are expected at that time.
– Payments: Payment in full (less any financial support awarded) is required six (6) weeks prior to the start of the course. Payment will not be accepted until you have completed the registration process.
– Scholarships: Scholarships to off-set the cost of the conference are planned. The amount each scholarship and number of awards are dependent on applicant merit, need and the level of sponsor support. Application for scholarship can be made during the application process by including a letter that clearly states the amount you’re requesting and provides a full justification for the request.
– Wait List: We anticipate the meeting to be full before the deadline. If the meeting is oversubscribed you will be placed on a waiting list. Applications will be considered at the discretion of the conference chairs. One application per individual.
|Early Bird (Until 31 May 2021)||Regular (After 31 May 2021)|
We expect to include two lunch and the first day dinner for all speakers and registered participants. The 2nd day dinner will be a banquet, which will be included for all speakers but not for other participants. Additional banquet tickets can be purchased at the registration site.
Completion of registration requires submission of requested information, payment and abstract submission (using the abstract template).
Oral talk/Poster: Several oral talk and poster talks will be given based on the academic evaluation of abstracts. Those selected ones will be notified 4 weeks prior to the start of the conference.
Scholarship: Scholarships will be given as poster awards to early career scientists based on the evaluation results during the conference of high quality poster presentations.
Visa letter: For the attendees who need a Visa to enter China, the Visa letter will be sent within 1 week upon completion of registration. Please be aware that Visa application may take time (usually 1-2 months), so it’s better to start your Visa application before the middle of June 2021.
If you have any questions about registration or facilities, please contact:
Dr. Xinyuan Fan [email protected]
From Beijing International Airport to College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University (北京大学化学学院):
A: Taxi (~120 RMB, recommended): directly to College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University. It takes approximately 1-1.5 hours to arrive from the airport, depending on the traffic.
B: Airport Shuttle Bus + taxi (~ 50 RMB): line 5. You may also take the airport shuttle bus (Line 5) to Zhongguancun (中关村). Then take a taxi to Peking University (~ 1.5 km).
You may purchase the ticket at the shuttle bus booth located just outside the Terminal 2 or Terminal 3. Line 5 Shuttle Bus operating hours: 6:50 a.m. to 24:00.
C: Subway (~ 30 RMB): You may also take the subway. Take the Line ‘Airport Express’ from Terminal 2 or Terminal 3, and transfer to Line 10 at the ‘Sanyuanqiao’ station, and then transfer to the Line 4 at ‘Haidian Huangzhuang’ station, and finally get off at ‘The East Gate of Peking University’ station. The Line ‘Airport Express’ charges 25 RMB, for other subway lines charges 5 RMB/person.
The Line ‘Airport Express’ operating hours: 6:20a.m. – 22:50 (from Terminal 3), 6:35 a.m. to -23:10 (from Terminal 2).
Location: College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China
Participants are expected to cover their own travel and hotel expenses. Earlier bookings may have better prices. Hotel information around College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University:
- ZhongGuanYuan Global Village PKU (北京大学中关新园) (500 – 1200 RMB):
- Wenjin Hotel (文津国际酒店) (600 – 1200 RMB):
- The Lakeview Hotel (北大博雅国际酒店) (900 – 1200 RMB):
- Beijing Xihua Business Hotel (北京锡华商务酒店) (300 – 600 RMB):
- Xijiao Hotel Beijing (北京西郊宾馆) (500 – 800 RMB):
- Friendship Hotel (北京友谊宾馆) (500 – 800 RMB):